Monday, June 4, 2012

It's the little things

Little things that makes us smile #21~

Unexpected gifts

I've been wanting to repaint the living room/dining room area for awhile now.  Of course, one should really give the ceiling a fresh coat of paint before giving the walls a new splash of color, right?  Since ceilings, paint and I don't get along very well, my delightful hubby came through for me!  He spent a good chunk of his free time this weekend risking his life to get the ceiling painted.


I'm not sure this was OSHA approved, but the ladder didn't slip, he's still alive, I didn't have a heart attack watching this craziness, and the ceiling is painted!  When he was finished, Ace casually mentioned that he would take care of painting the walls too - keep in mind my living room/dining room/hallway/stairway walls are never-ending and I want three different colors.  I was quite surprised by this as it's summer, and I'm home and can find the time to do it in the midst of sunning myself and catching up on great trashy literature at the pool! He was quite insistent that HE would do the painting himself.  

My keen spidey senses were telling me that he didn't want me painting for some reason. So of course I asked.  He had the nerve to tell me that maybe I wasn't the "neatest" painter in all of the world :( Now...those are fighting words if you ask me.  Me a messy painter?  However, he then told me it was his "gift" to me.  Well, it only took me a few minutes to decide to graciously accept this "unexpected gift" and get the pool bag packed for the week!


2 comments:

  1. Love this!! Very nice gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gasped when I saw him on the ladder! I would die for new paint around here....take the gift and run. Now to that trashy literature, I might need some recommendations! Haha!

    ReplyDelete