Thursday, May 9, 2013

My new profession


is going to be in the dentistry field right after I get over my gag reflex issues.  I received a call from Carter's school this morning about him having chipped off about a quarter of one of his big chompers in the back of his mouth.  UGH!  That child of mine spends more of his time and my money at the dentist dealing with his chipped teeth.

Since it was already a loose tooth, and a baby one at that, I wasn't quite sure what needed to be done.  My very sweet dentist told me to bring him in just to take a quick peek and make sure everything was okay with it.  Really, I think the dentist just misses me.  I don't think he's seen us in at least a couple of months!  Well...I take that back.  I just saw him at a graduation reception last weekend.  That's apparently not enough!

One look at Chip's tooth and it was pretty evident it was going to need extraction.  Apparently a nice little bit of angry flesh full of very temperamental nerves had grown between the baby tooth and the adult tooth underneath.  It was some big long fancy term the dentist spouted at me (and even had me look at it!)  I'll remember what it was called when I need to spout it to my new dental patients! Oooey gooey that gag reflex of mine kicked right in when I peered into Carter's mouth!  Needless to say, Carter handled it like a champ and that sassy chomper was out before we knew it.  

Now, if any of you would like to contribute to Carter's dental fund, or my new start up profession...

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie you had me laughing as you always do. (sorry Carter nothing personal) I miss you Lisa ...i really do!

    ReplyDelete