Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Thirteen years ago today...

I went from me to we.
I kissed my husband for the first time.
I rode away from the church in a horse drawn carriage with my prince.
I cried, laughed, and danced.
I waited patiently for lost keys (thanks Tim) to leave the reception.
I started my married life with an amazing man.
I thought marriage would be easy.

What have I learned about marriage in the last 13 years?

Marriage is NOT easy.
You can't take your marriage or each other for granted.
Kids are amazing, but your spouse must come first.
Life is NOT fair.
My prince is not perfect ~ neither am I.
Forgiveness is possible ~ even for the deepest of hurts.
You can't shield your heart. You must give it fully.
A great marriage is made with God at the center.

I love you Aaron!

3 comments:

  1. Love this.

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Hope you are having a great time camping! I heard you may be a little soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We are definitely soggy but having a great time!

    ReplyDelete