Friday, April 8, 2011

Home Improvement Helpers

My husband was less than thrilled when I started ripping down wallpaper in the kitchen over spring break.  Of course I assured him that I would get it all taken care of during spring break.   Wallpaper would be down, walls would be primed, Ace could paint the ceiling, and I would take care of the walls. In my defense, I would like to point out that it was necessary to bond with the boys over break and 
technically it's still spring :)   Never mind break was over in mid-March and we are still looking at primed walls with painters tape all around the kitchen.   




A freshly primed white wall is just begging for a little fun before the real work begins!


Both Drake and Braden wanted to put their last name on the wall too.  We ran out of reachable white space by the time Austin and Carter got a turn.



I'm not sure Aaron was thinking it was quite as adorable as I did :)




The finished masterpiece...


It may be a little longer before you see the FINAL masterpiece of a completed kitchen.  Baseball games start tomorrow and will be occupying most of our Saturdays and Sundays as well as a few weekdays.  I would just like to point out that technically spring lasts until June :)  If you have a strange urge to paint, come on over!  

3 comments:

  1. looks like fun!! So we might be doing some this home improvement work soon... we bought a house! (and started a blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Jera! Send me your blog link :) I'm so thrilled for you with the house! How's the job search coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    http://www.myhotwaterheaterleaking.com

    ReplyDelete