Monday, August 1, 2011

Movers and Shakers

As if RAGBRAI wasn't enough action for the boys, they have now headed off to Riverside Bible Camp for the week.  It was a fast and furious day of unpacking, laundry and repacking on Sunday to get the boys ready to go.  They were nervous and excited all at the same time.


Carter went to Riverside last year for a three day introductory camp and absolutely loved it.  He wanted to go for the full week this year, and Austin wanted to join him. They were torn as to whether or not they wanted to be in the same cabin. They insisted that they wouldn't tell anyone they were brothers if they did indeed end up together.  Shhh...don't tell them, but mom and dad requested they be in the same cabin to alleviate our anxiety a little bit!

  

They made me promise to take only one picture once we got to camp because they didn't want to be embarrassed by their mother.  Apparently it starts already...mom is no longer cool in public settings :(  This was supposed to be the only one of them I could take on their bunk, but I did manage to get one more with their counselor, Trevor.


I sure hope Trevor is rested up and ready for this week because there were 10 boys in their cabin all rip roaring ready to go.

Pulling away from camp, I wasn't sure whether to celebrate or cry, so I did both!  I have never been away from both of my boys for this long unless they were with family, so it's going to be an interesting week.  I have a feeling with as much as I have going on, it's going to go quick though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment