Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hello again

It's been a L......O......N......G time since we've had a Saturday with little on our schedule for the day.  It has been such a treat to be at home today with the windows open and a breeze blowing in and actually getting a few things done around the house.  I wish I could have accomplished more, but I decided to give myself permission to just get a few things done throughout the day and then sit back with the family and enjoy watching the ISU game on TV.  Now, if ISU would just cooperate and pull out a win, it will truly be a great day!

On another note, we have two friends of ours that are fighting the nasty beast that is cancer.  I would ask you please to keep them in your prayers.  I have asked for my friend Arlyce before.  She is now halfway done with her chemo treatments for breast cancer.  It has not been an easy road for her, but she has the most amazing outlook on life and reliance on God.  Here's a list of her most recent prayer requests:


1. Please pray for my step mom Ruth and the family as she lays her mom to rest tomorrow.  

2. Be with the family of Dan Christie.  He died in a farm accident this week.

3.  Be with the Niblock family as they lost their wife/mother/grandmother.  

4.  Pray that infection stays out of my body.

5.  Pray for farmers out harvesting.

6.  Give thanks that I was able to go to school to visit

7.  Give thanks that my leg pain is tolerable.  

8.  Give thanks for those that lift us up each and every day.

9.  Pray for the quick healing of Don after his surgery.

10.  Give thanks for salvation.


I would also ask you to keep a good friend of Aaron's from high school, Eric, in your prayers.  He has recently been diagnosed with esophageal cancer that has spread to other parts of his body.  He is looking at a 50/50 chance of making it another 10 months with treatment.  He has wife and two young boys that are trying to soak up every moment of every day together. You can follow his progress at www.blesiecare.com if you are so inclined.

I hope that you have been enjoying this beautiful fall weather!

1 comment:

  1. we are loving fall!

    prayers are being said for your friend as well as you!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete