Friday, October 28, 2011

Lift her up

Please lift up my friend Arlyce with your prayers.  She is such a trooper as she is fighting this nasty cancer with everything she has. Here is her update from today.

Not in Control
House arrest!  That's what I'm on until at least next Tuesday.  I went into the doctor today to get my treatment.  ALL of my counts are way below where it should be.  So, I'm missing the women's symposium at my church tonight, missing Jen's birthday supper, and missing out on my weekend of starting to feel good.

However, when they say if you fever gets to 100,5, you need to get into the emergency room. Things change mighty quickly.  Then they talk about if I should fall, then I need to get into the emergency room to check for bleeding.  OR... if you get a cut and it doesn't stop bleeding.  This is followed up by "we don't want to worry you... BUT..."

I'm supposed to stay away from anyone that is sick.  Dave is starting to get a cold.  I'm not sure what God is teaching me through this one.

At least I know why I feel like I can't function.  I can't sleep, but I'm exhausted.  My legs feel like lead and I just want to collapse.  

So, I'm not sure I will be making it next week to Rock Valley.  It will completely depend on blood work on Tuesday.  This really saddens me, but I'm okay with staying home if I need to.  I don't want any transfusions or end up hospitalized because of it.

What I'm asking for today is prayer.  Pray that my white blood count, platelets, and hemoglobin increase.  Pray that I won't fall or have an elevated temperature.  Pray that those around me stay healthy.  Also pray for my mental health.  It was a downer to hear that my counts are so low and knowing that with each treatment it most likely will be lower yet.  However, God can change that.  

Also pray for safety as Dave, Glen, and Brent go hunting this weekend.  Dave doesn't want to leave me, but I told him that he was better off away from me with a cold.  

Praises:

Debbie- Biopsy negative.  Liver scan okay:)  Not sure what is next but continue to keep her in your prayers.

I'm loved by so many.

My nephew Michael is engaged.

My grand dog Jazz won two majors.  She is now a champion.

When I was down today about my test results, Anya was there and was so wonderful.  I love Bliss!

For my wonderful friend, she knows who  I'm talking about.  She NEVER forgets me.  Going to the mailbox knowing that you are thinking about me makes my heart sing.

Kringla that was placed on my car at home while I was at treatment.

Thanks for each of your prayers.  

God is good- ALL the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment