Monday, December 26, 2011

Confession time

I have a confession to make.

Well, two really.

First, I like tradition.  I don't like to waver from tradition.  Traditions tend to hold special memories. That's why I like to make the same type of cookies at Christmas.  Certain cookies are just meant to be made at this time.

Second, I'm addicted to Pinterest.  There, I said it.  I waste spend quality time perusing this site for, hmmm, anything that looks interesting to me. Don't tell Aaron.  I'm sure he has NO idea!  Well, this poses a big problem when you stumble across an amazing looking cookie that is just begging to be made at Christmas.  However, it definitely isn't in my traditional holiday baking routine.  You see the problem?

Well, I decided to break tradition and squeeze it into my baking schedule.  A Red Velvet Cheesecake cookie.  Go ahead and drool.



OH MY HEAVENS!  

One bite and you might just think you've died and gone to Heaven!  You can find the recipe here.  You might notice the beautiful drizzle that goes across this gal's cookie.  Apparently I'm drizzle impaired :(  I just ate those two disasters so you wouldn't have to see how pitiful my drizzling abilities are! A nice little dollop with some pearl sprinkles was my solution.

Baker beware...these are dangerously delicious!

1 comment: