Thursday, December 29, 2011

Treasure

This sweet grandpa of mine is quite the treasure!


He turned 95 at the beginning of December and is such a special guy. Today the boys and I met Mom, Drake, and Braden at the care center for a visit with Grandpa. He was pretty quiet today, but a couple of weeks ago when we were there he was FULL of stories about the olden days and could hardly spit them out fast enough.  Aaron and I were chuckling quite a bit with everything he was telling us. A lot of times you hear the same stories over and over again, but this time was different.  We heard some colorful stories from his past that I had never heard before.  I sure wish I would've had a tape recorder with me. These stories are simply priceless and a window into such a special guy's life!

Last year I bought him a small Christmas tree for his room, and we decided to leave it up all year long and switch out the lights and ornaments for the different holidays and seasons.  So today, we took down the Christmas ornaments and colored lights and put on white lights with silver and blue snowflakes and icicles.  


He loves his little tree, and it's such a simple thing to do to make him happy!  Next up will be red lights and heart ornaments with each family member's pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment