Monday, October 15, 2012

It's the little things

Little things in life that make us smile #38~

Taking a few things off your plate by saying no

I will be the first to admit that I'm terrible at saying no.  However, my sanity has required me to give it a whirl in the past couple of weeks.  I don't enjoy missing out on the things I've said no to, but the peace it brings me with just a little bit of time at home to get some necessary things done has been worth it.

Thanks to the arrival of a lovely cold on Friday that had both Austin and I feeling quite yucky, we both said no the last Ames High football game and the Iowa State game due to the not so lovely damp weather.  However, by staying home, (and living in my jammies Friday night and all Saturday) I was able to get all of our laundry done as well as everyone's bedding.  That in and of itself is a sheer miracle these days! I can't tell you the last time the laundry has all been done to start the week, and I haven't been left scrambling during the week to get it all done in the middle of playing taxi driver for the boys.

So, even though I'm still feeling pretty yucky and the house is still a mess, at least we have clean clothes to wear :)

A special shout out to my mom today!  It's her birthday!

Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment