Friday, June 14, 2013

Ballin'

Carter has spent this week hoopin' it up at Fred Hoiberg's Basketball Camp and has been loving every minute of it.  The only way it would have been better in his mind would have been if he had been hanging out at UNI with Ben Jacobsen at the McLeod Center. He's my Panther at heart so I was quite surprised when he asked me after a few days if he could buy a couple Iowa State clothing items.  Hmmm...that Freddie must have some sort of magnetic pull!  




As a parent (who shelled out good money for this camp ~ I feel like my parents and grandparents saying that!) I must say that I was quite impressed that Fred was at camp and actively involved the entire week.  He talked to the kids every day not only about the fundamentals of basketball, but also the importance of academics and making good choices.  Quite impressive in my mind...and not bad to look at either! 
After 3 full afternoons of Ames High Basketball camp followed by 4 full days of Iowa State camp, Carter is ready to put his new basketball knowledge to good use...hopefully by helping his team be successful at their tournament in Minnesota that is right around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment