Thursday, April 22, 2010

Allergies

 Conversation right before bedtime can be really interesting with the boys. Here's the conversation between Carter and I tonight.

C: Do I have seasonal allergies?
L: Not that I'm aware of.
C: Well I think I do.
L: What do you think you're allergic to?
C: Pondering for a moment...I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to turtles!
L:  Excuse me?
C:  Turtles.  You know.  The animals with shells.
L:  Giggling a bit. Yes, I know what a turtle is.  What makes you think you are allergic to them?
C:  One time the Story County Conservation came to our school and brought a turtle and I started sneezing and coughing.
L: Hmmm...that's interesting.
C: Yeah, and my eyes water about 3 times a day.  I'm pretty sure I have allergies.

There you have it. Self diagnosis of a turtle allergy!

No comments:

Post a Comment