Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is risen!


Happy Easter everyone!


Easter church service has always been among my favorites.  Hearing the trumpets play while the congregation sings about our risen Savior always brings me goosebumps.  As a parent, I marvel even more how God could have given His only Son to die for us on the cross.  It's something I truly can't wrap my head around.  How very blessed we are to have a Father who loves us all despite our sinful ways!

There were many times during church today that I found myself thinking about my Grandma Marie who is rejoicing in Heaven with Jesus this day.  As much as it feels like a celebration in church with the beautiful Easter lilies decorating the altar and trumpets sounding, I'm sure Grandma was enjoying an even more majestic celebration in Heaven!

We were able to enjoy celebrating with both sides of the family this weekend.  We spent Saturday evening at the cabin eating great food, taking in the Final Four basketball games, and watching the four boys hunt up some eggs.  Grandma and Grandpa Doering were able to join us and had a ball watching their great-grandchildren play and engage in the Easter activities.

On Sunday, we headed back to Webster City to spend the day with Aaron's family enjoying more great food and egg hunting.  The boys had fun playing with all the other kids, and we had fun listening to Nate tell stories that Ween had apparently never heard!  Since both of my kids are just like Aaron and Nate, I've been listening closely and taking notes whenever either of them tells stories from their childhood :)

Easter blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment