Thursday, November 25, 2010

Abundant Blessings

Today was a joyous day spent with a variety of family members.  We were so blessed to be able to spend the day with my grandparents, my parents, Aaron's mom and husband, my brother and his family, and my sister-in-law's brother and family.  What a great day to have everyone under the same roof spending some quality time together!

One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving...besides the food of course...is the tablecloth tradition that I started back in 2004. I didn't realize that it had been that many years ago.  Everyone who is with us on Thanksgiving writes on the tablecloth with a fabric marker what they are thankful for that year.  It's so much fun to look back at each person's memories from years past.  All of the kids like getting in on the action too!  Drake's taking his turn here and telling how he is thankful for his new house.  I just love looking at what they kids put down each year without any prompting from the parents.  


Sometimes my hubby is a little too honest in what he's thankful for...


It really is a story for another time!

There are simply so many things I am thankful for...
a loving God, an amazing family - (parents, grandparents and in-laws), great friends, a terrific support system at home and school, two sweet and loving boys, a patient husband, a full-time job, a niece and three nephews that I adore, two sisters-in-law that I love, a brother and brother-in-law that are pretty darn amazing, a comfortable home, two funny kitties, and my new digital slr camera :) - yeah, that's part of the above story that we're saving for another time!

Here's a few more pictures from today taken with my new toy!

Ween and Doug looking good as always.


Carter and great-grandma Janet sporting some grins.  Yes, Carter's wearing a bow-tie.  It's another story in and of itself.  Just be thankful that for once he wasn't wearing slicks and a t-shirt!


Kasie and Braden hanging out by the fireplace.


Hey~Tim's half smiling at me!


I hope all your Thanksgiving memories are good ones! 





2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day!! Just so you know...every other year Keith is thankful that we aren't at my brother's and we don't have to annouce what we are thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard at Ace's note. Glad to see you were still around to enjoy Thanksgiving this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete