Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cruising right along

Austin truly expanded his food horizons on the trip.  He got quite a kick out of going to the dining room and thought he was a pretty cool dude ordering fancy food and having to use his manners.  He didn't want me to order for him, he was going to take care of that himself.  It made me smile every time he told our waiter, "For my starter I'll have...and for my main course..."  He read the menu all by himself and insisted on NO HELP!  He ordered steak, bbq ribs, and chateaubriand!  He loved every morsel of food they brought him.  Carter on the other hand stuck to his good old standby...chicken strips.  

Getting ready for the captain's dinner...(my cool dudes!)




On our first night a pirate visited everyone in the dining room.  It definitely set my boys up to realize how much fun they would having EVERYWHERE we were on the ship!


Can you tell Braden is a bit freaked out by the pirate?  The look on his sweet little face was priceless!  There was no way he was letting the pirate get near him.



There was a welcome dance party for families hosted by the Camp Carnival staff.  The boys thought they were big stuff showing off their moves in a kids versus parents dance off.  Needless to say, the kids won the competition.  However, Kasie and Aaron came away sporting medals for best mom dancer and best dad dancer!  Since my rhythm gene has a defect, or may even be missing completely, there was no way I was coming away with any hardware :)  I just have to wonder how my brother managed to escape this little endeavor?  I don't remember seeing him remotely close to the disco area!  


The kids got a kick out of the towel animals that welcomed us every night after dinner.  They couldn't wait to get back to the room to see what would be waiting for them.

 

We enjoyed a couple of the shows after dinner.  One night the show was "Ticket to Ride" which was a tribute to the Beatles.  It was an excellent show and the kids were most intrigued by the glow sticks everyone in the audience got at the end to sway to "Let it Be".  It was definitely a cool experience for Aaron since the Beatles are his favorite group. We made it to a couple comedy shows and also enjoyed the movies shown each night on the big screen up on the lido deck.  There's something quite relaxing about laying on a deck chair in the dark with the ocean breeze washing over you watching a movie.  Oh to be able to spend every night like that!  














1 comment:

  1. The food choices was one of my biggest obstacles when we went cruising so I can totally relate to that! So fun to hear everything you guys did (but makes me jealous!).

    ReplyDelete