Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Danny says...

So my niece, Rachel, and nephew, Danny, were hanging out here for the past couple of days.  Needless to say, I got an ear full from a 5 year old little boy about several things!  Here's our conversation at the pool lounging on the lazy river.

D: I want you to make me an Alvin shirt.
L: You want me to make you what?
D: An Alvin shirt - like Alvin and the Chipmunks! (Said with a look in his eye that said I was a complete dork! We had been watching Alvin and the Chipmunks in the van and apparently I wasn't connecting the dots fast enough.)
L: Oh!  How in the world am I supposed to make that?
D: You get a red shirt and put a big yellow "A" on it.
L: I might be able to find a red shirt when we get home.  I'll see what I can do.
D: It needs a hood on it too.
L: Dan, Grandma Ween is the sewer of the bunch, not your Aunt Lisa.
D: Just put a hood on it okay?!?
L: I'll try.
D: Do you have a brown marker?
L: Hmmm...I think so.
D: Well you need one to make the fur on my legs.  You just scribble all over them.
L: Excuse me?
D: If I'm going to be Alvin, I need fur!
L: I don't think your mom would like it if I sent you home with marker all over your legs.
D: She won't care.  She colored a beard and a mustache on me one time.
L: I still don't think she'll like it.  How about we just do the shirt?
D:  (Quite insistently) MY MOM SAID I CAN HAVE A MUSTACHE AND HAIRY LEGS!
L: (Trying desperately NOT to laugh) We'll see what we can do!

FYI...I did send him home with an Alvin shirt, but I did NOT send him home with furry legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment