Thursday, March 14, 2013

Acts of kindness v.7


 Acts of kindness 20 - 25
These acts of kindness were all spread somewhere during my girl's trip to Cancun.  I tied some ribbon and a happy little note on packs of gum to leave in places at the airports and the resort where I was staying.  I also left one fun box of chocolates in the statue right outside our room for someone to enjoy.  The housekeeper also got her own little goodies on our final day there.

Act of kindness 26
I happened to be downtown one weekday during the lunch hour due to an inservice and dug through all of the change in my van and purse to feed as many meters as I could.  It's a little embarrassing that I was able to feed 2 city blocks of meters with the change I found!  Hopefully it was a nice treat for people to pull in to a parking spot and not need to dig up their own change.

Act of kindness 27
My sweet friend Heidi offered up a double dog dare of acts of kindness in honor of her upcoming birthday that I simply couldn't resist.  You can read about it and her youthfulness here.  Someday she too will reach "maturity" like me!  I'm a bit behind in keeping up with her, but due to my "mature" age I'm sure it's okay.  However, I'm pleased to say I've completed her most recent idea - even before she put it out there!  Great minds must think alike!  I dropped a card in the mail to a friend who needed some encouragement as she is going through some rough patches in her grief cycle after losing her mom unexpectedly this past summer.  I knew she needed a reminder that myself, as well as many others, were still thinking of her and praying for her and her entire family.

My sweet Carter also did his own act of kindness that simply blew me away!  On one of our early outs recently, in which we ended up with almost 8 inches of snow, he got home from school before Austin and I and had scooped the entire driveway clean.  What an awesome kid ~ He must take after his mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment