Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kiss us...we're Iowish

Happy St. Patty's Day and 15,000 days of life for Ace!  (Don't ask...only Ace would be able to figure out how many actual days he's been alive and find it necessary to celebrate.)  What better way to celebrate than on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.  

Oh the wonderful memories that came flooding back from my 2 1/2 years spent living here!  A few things have changed in and around the area, but the places I hung out at were all still here. The biggest difference for me was the hubby and two kids that I was toting around with me! 


 We started our morning with a  riverboat tour. I think Ace was the only attentive one listening to the history lessons being provided.  I was taking a stroll down memory lane, and the boys were simply mesmerized by everything they were seeing.  
We then headed for a look at the Alamo, but the line to go through was a sure sign that seeing it from the outside would be just fine. Instead, we found ourselves taking in Ripley's Believe it or Not and Louis Tussaud's Wax Museum, which I'm pretty sure was much more up the boys' alleys.   
 Carter found himself sitting down for a chat with Oprah.
 Austin had a nice litle conversation with Dr. Phil.  
We ended our time at the two museums with a 4D experience that left me screaming like the wimpy little girl that I am, especially when it "snowed" on me!  

We headed back down to the Riverwalk for the St. Patty's parade and to get a bite to eat.  Before we knew it, the day was nearing it's end and we still wanted to take in the sites of San Antonio from the Tower of America. 
After our time there and the 90 degree temps from the day, we were all ready to head back to the hotel for some relaxation before heading out again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment