Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sea World

Sea World was our most recent adventure here in San Antonio.  Ironically enough, as we were heading to see Shamu perform, we ran into our friends from Ames and took in the show with them!  I think the kids thought it was pretty cool to get to experience that with some friends.  

After watching Shamu, the kids made a beeline for the Search for Atlantis  ride.  As you can see from the picture, Ace and the boys were in the front row and enjoyed every single minute of it!  I was giving Carter a hard time for not having his hands in the air like Ace and Austin and he promptly stared me down and said, "I notice you aren't even on the ride!"  Touche child!  I'm a ride weenie ~ even though I might have been able to have handled this one.  
We continued our way around the park and were thankful that spring break for San Antonio was last week (even though it meant the water park area of Sea World was closed).  We gazed at the alligators, turtles and my favorite animal of all time ~ the penguins! 











I really wanted to bring a penguin home, but Ace told me they frowned upon those things.  We had a cooler in the van and the temps back home seem to be just perfect for those adorable little penguins, but alas, it was not to be.  I guess I'll have to settle for the memories instead. 
Aaron and the boys took in a few more rides during our time there.  Ace even convinced Austin to go on the upside down twisty turny hangy upside downy roller coaster!  (or maybe it was the bribe that convinced him!) Nonetheless, he was brave while Carter and I wisely stayed behind and prayed! 

It was a great day and we have one more to go.  It's the Riverwalk again and we'll end with watching our hometown Harrison Barnes and his Golden State Warriors take on the San Antonio Spurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment