Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TTMT

This week's Talk to Me Tuesday:
Fill in the blank with a food item: "It wouldn't be Christmas without _______." (recipes welcome!)

It wouldn't be Christmas without fudgens!

What are fudgens you say?  Good question and one that I asked MANY times the first time I joined Aaron and his family for Christmas.  They are a tradition in his family and the way we end every Christmas gathering.  Basically they are like a mini donut that you roll in sugar.  I can remember Aaron's Grandma Sophie slaving over the stove making batch after batch after batch of fudgens as they would be gobbled up as soon as they hit the table.  It's hard to beat a piping hot fudgen rolled in sugar! It is now Ween who slaves over the stove making batch upon batch.  However, last year I got my first experience attempting to make them.  They insisted I did just fine, but I think they were all being nice to me.  I think it's Kelly's turn to try her hand at carrying on the family tradition this year!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I remember this picture!
    And I think it should have said recipes required instead. :)

    ReplyDelete