Thursday, March 22, 2012

I finally did it

I may have mentioned here before that I waste spend some time on Pinterest.  I'm not sure my hubby totally understands how this just gets my wheels a turnin' for some great DIY and home decorating (that I really don't have time to do).  Actually, I think it scares him as he never knows what I'm going to want to do next, how long it will take me, or if it will involve him helping me somehow. (Shall we mention the two years it took him to build Austin's loft in response to this?)

I know that life is so much simpler when I plan a weekly menu, make a grocery list, and MAKE it to the grocery store.  I know, I know.  It's really not complicated.  I just get so stinking tired of deciding what to have that will make everyone happy and many times feel like we get in a rut of having the same things over and over again. Because of this dilemma, this pin has been sitting in the back of my mind for a few months.  I was bound and determined to actually do this in hopes of making life just a bit smoother.

Waa Laa!  I finally did it!  It might have taken me months a little bit of time to get it all together and done, but lookie here.


I'm quite pleased with my new little fan-dangled menu system and bonus chore chart!  How did the bonus chore chart make it in there you say?  Well...I wisely decided to order the vinyl piece from here as I didn't trust myself trying to make one with the Cricut.  Not having faith in my ability to apply it to the fridge without ruining it either, I ordered two.  Little did I realize how handy that second one would be if I could manage to get both of them on there without messing up.    


In addition to 30 meal ideas that the family can choose from, I have my most detested  chores for the boys to select and do throughout the week.  Go me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment