Monday, August 20, 2012

It's the little things

Little things in life that make us smile #31~

Brand stinkin' new school supplies

There is something that I absolutely LOVE about brand new school supplies.  I could stand for hours in Target, Wal-mart, and Staples browsing through the school supply section. Fresh markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, pens, pencils, and planners all signal a fresh start.  It's a chance to start anew.  New students, new lesson plans, and a fresh perspective is something that I thrive on every August.  I am one of the lucky ones that constantly gets a "redo" with my work.  Each and every year, I get to try it all over again with a new group of kids and new ideas.

Now I'd hate for you to think that I won't miss the summer because that's just plain wrong.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my summer time!  I might even get a little cranky before it's time to go back to the working world, but it's not my job I don't love.  It's the loss of complete freedom and lazy days and really being able to do whatever the mood strikes. What makes me a little cranky is the return of structure and a hectic pace.  Now don't get me wrong, structure isn't a bad thing.  I thrive on it in my classroom and actually get far more accomplished when I'm a working woman with little time to spare.  But, once the school year starts, break neck speed is required to keep up.  Thinking about that is what makes me a bit cranky.

So, it's probably a good thing that as I return to work again this morning (I really started last Wednesday) I can look into my bag at my new purple polka dotted planner and fun new pens to make me happy.  It really is the little things in life that make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment