Friday, February 8, 2013

Acts of kindness v. 5

Act of kindness 14
My "daughter" and her roomie were having a rough start to the semester with some pretty intimidating classes, so I invited them over for some homebaked goodness. They got homemade cookies right out of the oven with a nice stash to take with them as well as a home cooked meal.  Bellies were stuffed, smiles were returned to their faces, and they were sent on their merry way to do their homework.

Act of kindness 15
The weather has been a bit cold and nasty lately, which sure can't be fun for the kids who have to walk to school.  Austin and I saw a middle schooler trekking to school recently on a blustery cold day and stopped to give him a ride.  He was quite appreciative and even sought me out later in the day to thank me.

Act of kindness 16
Mom and I had lunch last weekend at Hu Hot in Ankeny after we took a card making class.  I simply left a fun little box of chocolates on our table for the next diners or our waitress to enjoy.

YIKES!  Somehow I thought I could manage to have 40 acts of kindness done in 40 days.  Silly me!  Apparently that's not going to happen.  I will complete those 40 acts; it will simply take me more than 40 days!






No comments:

Post a Comment