Sunday, February 17, 2013

Acts of kindness v.6


Act of kindness 17
This one nearly got me in trouble :(  Oopsie!  At our last book club I decided I was going to pay for one of the gal's meal who has had a rough go of it lately.  This ended up being a bit tricky because I didn't want her to know who did it.  Unfortunately the restaurant was not very busy that night which made my sneaking around trying to get her meal taken care of with the waitress quite difficult.  

When the checks came, my dear friend was NOT a happy camper and insisted on knowing who did it.  She didn't want anyone taking pity on her. She demanded to see everyone's bill.  Somehow I managed to hold my finger over my total and escaped her peering eyes.  Our waitress did a great job of covering for me which I was so thankful for!  I really just wanted her to be able to enjoy a night out without having to worry the financial side. Thankfully everyone in the group assured her she could simply pay it forward.

Act of kindness 18
While running errands one afternoon I dug up all the change that I could find in my purse and van and simply walked through a downtown block and fed all of the parking meters. 

Act of kindness 19
When dropping off Austin at confirmation this week, I dropped off a card that had a Subway gift card tucked inside it in the student center at church.  Since we attend a church in campus town, there are many students who use our student center as a quiet place to study.  Hopefully whomever stumbles upon it will have a little brighter day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment