Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Heritage

We had an enjoyable day with the Clayberg side of the family on the 26th. There always seems to be a catch phrase that arises any time the clan gets together. This year it was, "This is my heritage," courtesy of Aaron. It started with him asking me to try some lefsa, as it is "his heritage". It was a phrase that stuck through the meal, the opening of gifts and long into the evening.

The Christmas gathering always ends with Aaron's mom making fudgens, as it "is their heritage"! This year however, she handed me the 3 pronged fork and insisted I learn how to make them. Oh the pressure! This is NOT "my heritage" and in no way shape or form did I want to mess it up, especially with Aaron's mom being a former Home Ec teacher (now Family and Consumer Science). I know my fudgens didn't live up to Ween's, but thankfully Aaron insisted I didn't ruin "his heritage"!

All in all we have been blessed with wonderful family gatherings this holiday season. We truly treasure the memories made each and every time we get together.

Enjoy the slideshow of some of those memories!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Season's Greetings
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I love the FCS shout out.
    I want to take Aaron on in Bop It.
    I would like to try your fudgens. :)

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete