Monday, March 15, 2010

A math problem for you

this



+ this



= ?

Do you have your answer yet? Don't peek at the answer until you do! We teachers call that cheating!



IT'S SPRING BREAK :) YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, the English teacher, who gave you a math problem, knows that it's not necessary or even correct to put that many ! after YIPPEE.) However, these are my honest feelings in the midst of budget time and pink slips. It was a much needed break for many of us.

After a week of conferences last week, I spent a little time shopping for scrapbooking supplies for a weekend crop time with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and paint to breathe new life into the basement. Aaron and I spent Thursday night and Friday morning painting a portion of the basement before I left for my cropping weekend. It was my justification that if I did a little of the messy work first, play time would be much more relaxing!

I spent Friday, Saturday and a tish of Sunday with Ween and Kelly in a cropping fest. We had so much fun preserving memories while at the same time creating new ones. Our weekend was filled with a hobby that we all love, good conversation, girl bonding, and little sleep! Aaron laughs at me because I normally turn into a pumpkin quite early, but not when it's scrapbooking time :) Thanks girls for a great start to my break!

While I was gone, Aaron continued with some home improvements in the kitchen. (I'm glad I wasn't around for that process.) He's a really intelligent guy sometimes :) The boys enjoyed the hanging around the neighborhood and just chillin'.

After I got home, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening finishing off the painting of the basement. It looks so nice and now it's time to rearrange and declutter so it's more of a family room than a kid's room! I'll post some pics after it's all done.

What I really should be doing though is this...



Grading those darn essays I made the kids write and turn into me before spring break. WHAT WAS I THINKING???

2 comments:

  1. Fun!! I love it! I so wanted to come paint but we've been working on the our own basement. I'm trying to get it set up for better pictures... Rusty called it Redneck Studios so I obviously have a ways to go...ha.
    Enjoy your SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bring my boys over to visit you "studio"! You know how cooperative and fun they can be :)

    ReplyDelete