Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Okay...this is my first time participating in Not My Child! Monday! However, this is SO appropriate for my crazy life in the past week I just had to share. Enjoy!

It was NOT me who decided to try and "break in" a new babysitter last week while we were out of town for the night. It was not MY child who ATE the paper our phone number was written down on when the babysitter was having issues with getting the children to bed. It was NOT my child who proceeded to tell the new sitter there were spooks upstairs so she wouldn't go to the other location I wrote the phone number on. No, NOT my children!

It was also NOT my children who were still up at 11:00 pm when we got home because they refused to go to bed and the sitter couldn't call me. MY children would NEVER do such things! It was NOT my children who only ate popcorn, m&m's and a bag of licorice that night for supper. My children ONLY eat healthy nutritious foods that help their bodies grow and had no idea that I had left deli meat and fruit for their supper! It simply COULDN'T have been MY children who have probably scared off that sitter from ever babysitting for ANY child again. No, NOT MY CHILDREN!

I DIDN'T marry someone who used to do such treacherous things to his babysitters. My husband NEVER chained himself to the front porch because he didn't want to go somewhere. He also did NOT write a note to his sitter one time telling her that he had run away and then hid in the closet. No, NOT my hubby! Hmmm...it's no wonder the above children were NOT MINE :)

It was also NOT my child who was so excited to go tubing at Seven Oaks this past weekend and then proceeded to cry at the top of the hill for almost 30 minutes in front of tons of people because he was terrified to go down. No, it SIMPLY DIDN"T HAPPEN that he refused to go down the hill until finally he had to go to the bathroom and realized that was the ONLY way he was going to get down! Nope, NOT MY CHILD! It was NOT my child whose hat then flew off going down the hill and made some poor soul retrieve it for him. My husband did NOT lose his glove while trying to help out said child and agree to do this whole process without me. It was NOT this same child who then proceeded to go down the hills loving every stinkin' minute of it after the whole spectacle at the top of the hill and then had to show off his "tubing pass" the entire next day! NOT MY CHILD! It simply WOULDN'T happen in my calm and organized life with perfectly angelic children!

There's a reason I'm chronicling the chaos!

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Remind me to never volunteer free sitting services. ;) Do I know the broken in sitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to tell you - you're on the docket for this weekend :) Yes, you know the broken in sitter - poor thing barely made it to school on Monday! I might work in close proximity to her father :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who's laughing harder...Me or Barney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh, sounds like you should have made the kids pay the babysitter! LOL

    ReplyDelete