Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Big boy games

Ladies...you know how it is sometimes with these men of ours.  We can ask them time and time again to do a little something for us and it never seems to get done.  TWO years ago I asked my dearest husband to please remove a lilac bush that was overtaking the front corner of our house.  For those of you who know my dear husband and his lightning speed (or lack thereof in regards to projects), you know how quickly this removal occurred!  LAST year I again kindly reminded him that the lilac bush needed to go before our home was swallowed whole.  Again, lightning speed response it was not!  Finally, knowing how tight my hubby is with money, I suggested that if the darn lilac wasn't out by the end of the weekend, I was calling a tree service :)  Yes girls...with a spend-thrift for a husband, this is all you need to do - tell him you'll hire it done.  Needless to say, the lilac was out within a couple of hours in quite a red-neck fashion with the help of some very willing neighbors!  At least I got what I wanted.  Of course I have been the recipient of some good-natured ribbing about needing a tree service that has gone on for quite awhile.  This man of mine and our delightful neighbors are quite proud of their "accomplishment".

The weather this past weekend lent itself beautifully for more "tree servicing" to be done around the neighborhood.  Needless to say, I tried to stay out of sight during this little red-neck event! I would hate for anyone to know what really goes on at my house :) Here's the "tree servicing" crew with a couple neighbor ladies checking out the action.  They look real serious about this don't they? Please notice the poor little tree trunk that is left after lots of fun with a chainsaw - because apparently we needed wood for the firepit!


The process...  (according to Austin you just need a few neighbors, a strong chain, and the neighbor's Land Cruiser) apparently a camera is also a necessity




The end result...




Look at that bad boy (you can decide if I mean the stump or Q)


Conveniently Austin came home with a baby tree from school courtesy of Arbor Day!  He decided to name it Chip!  So, now we have Chip planted in our backyard after the "tree servicing" crew had been here!

If you ever have a need for a "tree service" I know just the crew for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment