Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy boys


We had the privelege of having Drake and Braden with us this weekend while Tim and Kasie slaved away on building their new house. Since Saturday was a full day of baseball pictures and games, we ended up at the diamond from 10:00-4:30. It's amazing how you can take 4 boys and plop them outside in the fresh air with green space to play, a playground, baseball games, and a concession stand for that many hours and have no complaints!

The games for both Austin and Carter were great yesterday.  There were lots of hits, good fielding, and Carter got his first pitching start!  This was the first game for Carter's league to have the kids pitch as the coaches had done it in previous games. He had a great day at the mound striking out the first three batters he faced!  Mom and Dad were quite proud! Needless to say, by the time we left the diamond all 4 boys were all pretty wiped out and stinky dirty by the time we got home.



Once we got home, the boys had about an hour to play before we headed out to a graduation reception.  It always does my heart a world of good when my students invite me, a middle school teacher, to their graduation.  I'm always so amazed at the fact that they have grown so tall and mature because they are forever in my mind middle schoolers!  Of course, it's also an impossibility that they can even be graduating since I haven't aged....so I have no idea how they have.

I promised Aaron that we would just pop in and out at the reception.  True to my word, we were there socializing for a couple of hours!  YIKES!  If you know me well, you're not surprised! We got to catch up with some friends that we hadn't seen in so long, plan a summer outing, and share some laughs.  There was no need to worry about the boys getting antsy as there was a dunk tank at this reception and the kids kept throwing ball after ball trying to dunk the poor souls.  They were the ones who didn't want to leave!

I really wish you could see the filth and grime covering these boys as they were brushing their teeth getting ready to hunker down for a night under the stars in the backyard!  I didn't make them sleep on the ground people, I put them in the camper!  It sure didn't take them long to fall into a dreamy state after their busy day.


Drake and Braden have already told me they are NOT going home today!  I just laughed and told them they are more than welcome anytime!  Happy Anniversary to Tim and Kasie today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment