Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!


Happy Birthday Dad!  

Yes, there are tons of birthdays for us in February!  Actually, January 2 through March 1 hits the birthday celebrations of my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, me, son, brother, husband, dad, and nephew.  Whew!  That's a lot of birthdays!  

My dad is quite an amazing man who has set a great example for us as to what it means to be a Christian.    He has always been and continues to be someone who believes in fairness (even though I swear my brother got away with far more than I did!)  He's pretty darn level-headed and thinks through an entire issue before reacting or responding (hmmm...I wish I had inherited a little bit more of this trait! I think that must be a recessive gene!)  He shows unconditional love for his children and grandchildren (even when we might be a little difficult - my brother that is, not me :)  He leads by example. More than anything, he truly puts family first.  If any of us ever needed anything, he would be there for us.  He's shown that time and time again.  What a blessing it is to know that he is always there.

I'm so proud to call him MY DAD!  Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment