Monday, February 28, 2011

Party on Bourbon Street


It was a rockin' night at Hickory Hall Saturday night for the fourth annual adult prom.  Mardi Gras masks and colorful spirits were in full swing to enjoy an evening of socialization and music with the Cues.  


The better looking half of this duo, (that's Betsy in case you were wondering) is one of the originators and planners of this event.  Aaron carpools with her hubby, Joe, to work everyday, so I love getting all the lowdown on the party planning.  As of a couple days before prom, they had sold around 420 tickets!  Holy Moly!  All proceeds at the end of the night are donated to the American Cancer Society.  Even the wait staff was generous enough to donate all of their tips to the cause.


Can you tell Aaron and Joe collaborated when purchasing their masks?  They are quite the pair.


My favorite thing to do is people watch all night long.  The person I found to be the most intriguing was the pregnant lady who proudly decorated up her baby bump!  I was too chicken to take her picture so my neighbor went over did it.  Ironically enough, it turned out to be someone she knew.


We even talked a couple of the neighbors into joining us this year. Despite my pleas to just people watch and socialize, the crazy neighbors and Ace did get me out on the dance floor a couple of times.  Since I'm rhythmically challenged, I was thankful there were TONS of other people on the dance floor hiding my pathetic moves.  I was hoping my mask would help disguise me a bit too! They will NOT be calling me to appear on Dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance anytime soon.


We had a ton of fun rockin' the night away.  I even made it WAY past my bedtime!  Amazingly I didn't even turn into a pumpkin once midnight came and went!  Until next year...






1 comment:

  1. I always LOVE your adult prom pictures! Brandon and I need to join you some year!

    ReplyDelete