Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We kick started the day with the second annual neighborhood pancake feast.  If I haven't mentioned before, we live in an amazing neighborhood.  People think we are a bit crazy, but it's been this way since before we moved here 11 years ago!  When we first moved in, I wasn't too sure about what we were getting into, but I wouldn't trade my neighborhood for the world.


The 4th of July pancake feast bubbled up last year from a late night impromptu block party in a neighbor's driveway.  I believe it was these two that suggested it and decided to carry on the idea this year.  They even went grocery shopping together yesterday to get everything we needed!  Now...if I could only get him to do that more often :)


Of course the chefs made you catch your pancakes when you went by with your plates, so you needed to be prepared!  Every now and then you may have received a special pancake with a 4 on it.  You just never know what these two will come up with.



Carter even got in the clean up action. I think it's because he wanted to drive the tractor, but hey, he was having fun!  


Hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment