Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mini Fiesta

It didn't take long for the boys and I to hop on the road again after getting home from South Dakota.  We did let Ace come along on this one. We had made plans for a mini fiesta with the group of adults that we will be vacationing with in Cancun this December.  Somehow God thought we were in need of tropical weather so that we felt as though we were already there.  It was a hot tamale day and we were all so thankful to have the pool to cool off.


I'm really not sure who had more fun, the adults or the kids!  I suppose we could let the kids win this one since they don't get to go on the actual trip to Cancun.  They were beyond thrilled to be at the pool until after dark and really have the run of the place.


Austin thought he was pretty cool jumping in and getting a little wave action going.  That kid has amazing balance!


Everyone enjoyed the slide, even the adults.  However, I refuse to embarrass any of the adults by showing you the amazing feats they performed on the slide or the terrific cannon balls into the pool.  I must protect the guilty!


I will however, show you my husband being his typical wild and crazy self doing a hand stand flip off the side of the pool that I had no idea he was going to do.  He nearly gave me a heart attack watching through the camera lens!  I just thought he was going to cannon ball in the water like others before him, but no, that wasn't good enough for him!  And to think we were all worried about the kids cracking their heads open.

After our mini fiesta, I'm even more excited than ever to travel with our friends old and new and spend some glorious days in the sunshine during the frigid Iowa winter.  Thanks Dawn and Stu for being such a great host and hostess!


No comments:

Post a Comment