Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A heart of gratitude


grat·i·tude
Noun – the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness

As I embark on my 40th year of life (YES…Happy Birthday to me! I’ve blessedly reached a new milestone.) I am focused on having a heart of gratitude each and every day. Unlike my stewing and fretting over turning 30, I’m embracing the bits of wisdom and self-acceptance that seem to be coming with 40 glorious years of life.  I have so much to be thankful for and want to make sure that my head and my heart are well aware of the daily blessings that are granted to me.

To kick off my yearlong focus on developing a strong heart of gratitude, I plan to do 40 acts of kindness (some random, some very purposeful) within the next 40 days in honor of my 40th birthday.  I’d sure love to have any of my friends, family and readers join in my birthday celebration and share with me via text or email any acts of kindness (random or purposeful) you choose to do.  This world needs more smiles.  Let’s do what we can to help put those smiles on people’s faces and put some happiness in their hearts.


“This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”     Psalm 118:24  




No comments:

Post a Comment