Thursday, January 24, 2013

May I recommend


sticking your nose in a book or two?  You may remember that my delightful hubby refers to these as my nerd manuals.  He was even so gracious as to get me a lovely nerd shirt for my birthday which he's refused to let me wear outside of the house.  
I sense he may be poking fun at me.  It's a good thing I turned mature and can handle it now!

Anyhoo...I just finished two amazing reads that I wanted to pass on to you.  The first is The Racketeer by John Grisham.  Fast-paced, intriguing, and filled with twists and turns that keep you guessing will keep you turning the pages one right after another.  I might be a little embarrassed to tell you that I finished it in three settings (each of those that I should have been doing something a bit more productive around the house).  Oh well...one must keep the brain nice and juicy by using it on a regular basis!


Defending Jacob by William Landay is my book club's selection for this month.  This book club likes to make me stretch out of my reading comfort zone (murder, the law, and mystery), but this selection was spot on and packed with everything I love.  Jacob is a teenage boy accused of murdering a classmate.  Jacob's father is the district attorney who must take a leave of absence due to the conflict of interest.  Is Jacob innocent?  Does a father's love for his son allow him to see the truth?  It's a quick read with an ending you won't see coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment