Friday, January 18, 2013

Acts of kindness v.3

Act of kindness 9

Aaron and I spent a good chunk of time going through the boys outdoor winter clothing (coats, snow pants, hats, gloves, boots).  The original plan was simply to take it to Goodwill until it dawned on me that there are so many kids in our school system who are in need of these items.  So, I arranged to take them to Carter's elementary school and gave them to the counselor to pass on to kids in need.  She was definitely appreciative of the two full garbage bags full of items that are needed by so many with the snow and cold weather in full swing.

Act of kindness 10

There is a co-worker of mine who has been having a really rough go of it for quite awhile.  She's doing her best to keep her chin up every day, but it isn't always easy.  It's been hard watching her struggle and many prayers have been said on her behalf.  I purchased Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts with her in mind.  It's a terrific book to help you realize that God blesses us on a daily basis if we simply open our eyes and hearts to what's around us.   



I didn't want her to necessarily know it was from me so I had Carter do the writing on the card and envelope for me. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know I have a blog, so I'm thinking my secret is safe! ~ If not, oh well!) I couldn't seem to manage to sneak it into her room without getting busted by her or a student who would rat me out, so I resorted to putting it in her mailbox one night when everyone else had left the building.  I sure hope it brought a smile to her face and put a spring in her step to know that someone was thinking of her.

10 down...30 to go



No comments:

Post a Comment