Monday, June 21, 2010

Time Machine II

I might have told Carter there was no such thing as a time machine, but I'm really wishing I could find one right about now!  I figured rather than listening to Austin tell me how bored he was and not know what to do with himself while his brother was gone, it would be a good time to have his kid birthday party.  That translated into a sleepover party for 5 boys.  What was I thinking?

I'm not going to post this until the morning, but right now I am trying desperately to get them to settle down and get some sleep.  Aaron's off in dreamland right about now.  I want that to be me!  I'm not the late night owl of the family.  I turn into a pumpkin pretty early.  However, since it's technically still Father's Day, (oops...not anymore!) and Aaron has to work tomorrow, it's my job to make sure they are asleep!  Who am I kidding, it would still be my job even if it wasn't Father's Day and he didn't have to work tomorrow!

I think they've had loads of fun...basketball, bean bag toss game (that turned into some kind of dodgeball), playing at the park, riding bikes and scooters, roasting marshmallows, playing Rock Band and Wii, the new aquatic center, jammin' out in the van, plenty of food and drinks...but I'm exhausted.


I have no idea how my parents and my friends' parents seemingly handled it so well when I was growing up.  I remember girl birthday party sleepovers with more than 5 of us that didn't seem bad at all.    Hmmm...eating pizza, giggling, watching movies until the wee hours of the morning, giggling, playing truth or dare, giggling.  Yeah...it didn't seem so bad then!  Oh yeah...I was a kid and didn't require as much sleep.


Maybe I should look a little harder for that time machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment