Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ace's 40 v.4

MOVING INTO ADULTHOOD
It really is hard to believe that this was us starting our married life almost 15 years ago.  I would just like to point out that Ace was already losing his hair by then, so he can't blame the loss of those locks on me!  I'm sure I've contributed to a few lost ones since then, but up until that point, someone or something else gets the blame!



Aaron and Nate look so darn young here.  Nate was Aaron's best man at our wedding, and the two of them have a great relationship.  However, I can remember when that was not quite the case.  When Ace and I first started dating, the two of them were at each other's throats all the time.  It was a little crazy!  I think it took Ace finally going away to college to help strengthen that relationship.


Two years into our marriage we moved into parenthood.  Aaron is an amazing father and it's abundantly clear who the boys take after ~ definitely not me.  I have jokingly mentioned that you really should find out what your spouse was like as a child so you can mentally prepare for what your own children might be like.  Oh my...Ween, I can see you had your hands full :)  However, don't those babies of ours just look so sweet and innocent?


To celebrate Nate's 30th, the two brothers took a trip to Vegas together.  I'll never forget the phone call home with Aaron telling me he'd done one of the stupidest things in his life.  I really wasn't too sure I wanted to hear what he had to say!  The dare devil in him (and Nate) decided to take a ride on the X-
Scream and the other three thrill rides on top of the Stratosphere!


Again...my dare devil husband water skiing with no hands!  Thankfully we didn't need to see the dentist either after he held the handle in his teeth :(  My boys definitely have more of their father's personality than mine.  I can only imagine the pictures that will surface some days of the things they have done that would scare me to death!




No comments:

Post a Comment