Saturday, February 11, 2012

Double Digits

Happy 10th Birthday to my sweet Carter!  Our lives were forever changed by this bundle of joy on February 12, 2002.


It really is hard for me to believe that my "baby" has hit double digits.  How in the world have we moved into this stage in life?  I had a hard time wrapping my head around it when Austin turned 10, but now that Carter is there too, oh my!  Where has the time gone?  

It seems like just yesterday we were bringing this sweet little guy home from the hospital, kissing those chubby cheeks, playing peek-a-boo and celebrating his first birthday.


Not that long ago I swear I was spending hours and hours outside with him playing ball, riding bikes, pulling him the wagon, digging in the dirt, and pushing this little darling on the swing.


He has always been the master of facial expressions.  From the time he was little, he could convey a million messages with those eyes and sweet little grin.  I'll never forget the day he was wiggling his eyebrows telling me he was talking in "eyebrow speak".  I just wanted to gobble him up!


Despite my attempts to hold onto my "baby" just a little bit longer, I am enjoying watching him grow and become his own person.  As independent as he is, he never lets me forget he still needs his mama.  Every now and then I still get asked to lay with him for five minutes before bed.  I remember those nights when he was younger and we had to lay with him before bed. I thought those would never end.  Then they did :(  I know I didn't appreciate those moments nearly as much as I should have.     


Children really do grow up too fast.  Sometimes it feels as if these last 10 years have passed in the blink of an eye. However, when I really take a moment and reflect, there are a million amazing memories that we have packed into those years that clearly play as delightful movies in my mind.  I will cherish those forever as we move into the next phase of adolescence.  It could be quite the ride!


Happy 10th Birthday Carter!  We love you so very much!









1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I really love the pics through the ages....they grow up way too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete